SMALL-SCALE ALLOY MANUFACTURING AND PROCESSING SERVICES
- alloy manufacturing: brazing alloys (Ag, Cu-P-Ag), soldering alloys (Sn-Pb, Sn-Pb-Sb, Sn-Sb), master alloys Cu-P, easily fusible alloys (AF50, AF70, AF90), antifriction alloys (based on Sn, Pb and Al), cast alloys (Cu-Sn and Cu-Sn-Pb), other alloys (Cu-Al, Cu-Zn, Pb-St, Zn, etc.);
- alloy processing: wire / strip / bar / chip / electrode / plate / block alloy processing, Au, Ag, Zn, Al, etc. processing.
Further details are available here:
Manufacturing and processing services catalogue.
ANALYSIS / CHARACTERIZATION SERVICES
- element detection: Cu, Co, Cd, Pb, Sb, Zn, Ni, Fe, Cr, Mg, Ca, Na, K, Rb, Li, Sr, Ga, In, Au, Ag, Pt, Pd, Rh by flame atomic absorption spectroscopy (FAAS);
- detection of approx. 70 chemical elements in the periodic table (in high, low and trace concentrations) by Inductively coupled plasma – optical emission spectrometry (ICP-OES);
- volumetric and gravimetric chemical analysis: dosing Fe, Fe2+, Ca, Mn, Sn, Si, Ba, SO42-, CO2 etc.
Physical and Structural Characterization:
- identification and quantification of crystalline phases; determination of crystallinity and crystallite size; characterization of crystalline structures: indexing, crystallization system, network parameters; detection of micro-deformations – by X-ray diffraction for powders;
- mineralogical analysis by optical microscopy in polarized, reflected and transmitted light;
- metallography by optical microscopy;
- VICKERS microhardness;
- morpho-structural characterization by scanning electron microscopy (SEM) / Energy Dispersive X-Ray Spectroscopy (EDS);
- particle size analysis and electrokinetic potential of nanoparticles – DLS method;
- structural analysis by FT-IR method (available for solid, liquid and thin film samples);
- surface analysis by AFM method (atomic force microscopy);
- scratch test;
- contact angle measurement (determination of the hydrophilic / hydrophobic character of the surfaces).
Thermal analysis :
- thermal behaviour analysis of metals, powders by thermal analysis DSC-TG, 20°C ÷ 1600°C;
- thermal behaviour analysis of metals, powders by differential scanning calorimetry DSC, – 20°C ÷ 600°C;
- analysis of thermal conductivity, thermal diffusion coefficient and specific heating capacity for molten materials (20 ÷ 400°C).
R&D SERVICES – COATINGS / THIN FILMS
National Research and Development Institute for Non-Ferrous and Rare Metals – IMNR, through the Research Centre for Intensification of Metallurgical Processes at High Pressures and Temperatures, High PT MET (Module T: obtaining new materials in the form of thin films and coatings by physical processes in advanced vacuum and high temperatures using combinatorial metallurgy), offers research services for obtaining and depositing thin films:
- obtaining ceramic thin films by the hydrothermal – electrochemical method;
- thin films deposition by thermal evaporation (Physical Vapour Deposition, PVD) – thickness up to 50 µ, deposition on flat surfaces 350×350 mm, or cylindrical surfaces: Ø = 150mm and L = 350mm;
- thin films deposition by RF-magnetron sputtering (Physical Vapour Deposition, PVD) – thickness up to 1 µ.
Further details are available here:
HIGH PT-MET Centre services catalogue
R&D SERVICES – ADVANCED MATERIALS
- thermodynamic and kinetic evaluation of processes for obtaining metal-based materials;
- synthesis of ceramic and inorganic-organic hybrid nanopowders by hydrothermal / solvothermal process (nanostructured powders based on pure and doped oxides, and hybrid powders based on hydroxyapatite and polymers);
- synthesis of ceramic and composite powders by hydrolytic processes (precipitation and coprecipitation): powders based on pure and doped oxides, metal-ceramic composite powders with a core-shell structure, etc.;
- powder processing: sintered products, morphology control, heat treatment in air, controlled atmosphere (argon), vacuum;
- obtaining stable suspensions based on ceramic powders;
- research services in the field of additive manufacturing – 3D structures (3D-printing).
R&D SERVICES – EXPLOITATION OF SECONDARY RESOURCES
- oxidation-reduction processes – reduction of sulphides of non-ferrous metals from concentrates, in aqueous, acidic or basic media, at high temperatures and pressures, in an oxidizing atmosphere in order to recover useful metals;
- recovery of non-ferrous metals from scrap metal using a microwave melting process;
- manufacture of non-ferrous alloys using secondary resources.
TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER SERVICES
R&D results available for transfer:
- ”Process improvement manager”, COR 242108, certified course;
- ”Process improvement specialist”, COR 242102, certified course.
For further details please contact us by email email@example.com or fax no. + (4021) 352.20.49.