PN-III-P2-2.1-PED-2016-1729 BIOHEA, contract 134 PED/2017, 2017 – 2018
The general objective of the project is the development of a new high entropy alloy from the TiZrNbTaFe system, for applications in the medical industry. The new alloy will have superior physico-chemical, structural and mechanical characteristics, compared to existing biomedical alloys. The synthesis methods used in the project are mechanical alloying / pressing / sintering and induction melting / casting. The resulting material will be subjected to heat treatment and rapid solidification processes to improve the structure..
The scientific and technological objectives of the project are:
1. Selection of the alloy composition;
2. Obtaining the TiZrNbTaFe alloy by mechanical alloying / sintering;
3. Obtaining the TiZrNbTaFe alloy by induction melting / casting;
4. Rapid solidification / heat treatment of the selected HEA;
5. Rapid solidification / heat treatment of the selected HEA.
The project website is here
Passionate about research? We're hiring.
We're looking for Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Technology, Material Science and Engineering, Physics, Mechanics and Mechatronics graduates.