COMPETITIVENESS OPERATIONAL PROGRAMME 2014 – 2020
Priorityaxis 1 – RESEARCH, TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT AND INNOVATION TO SUPPORT ECONOMIC COMPETITIVENESS AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Action 1.1.4. Attracting high-level personnel from abroad in order to enhance the RD capacity
Project: ID P_37_776, contract: 93 / 09.09.2016, 2016 – 2019
The ENERHIGH Project aims to create under the leadership of a recognized foreig specialist from Spain a core of scientific and technologic competence in the field of Materials for Energy to significantly enhance the knowledge transfer capacities of Romanian institute, NATIONAL RESEARH & DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE FOR NON-FERROUS AND RARE METALS – IMNR, toward academic media and companies from the machinery and equipment for energy co-generation and storage.
Specific objectives :
- The implementation of a research programme enabling to develop innovative and easily scaled-up methods for micro-encapsulation of Phase Change Materials (PCM) with melting temperature 300 – 500ºC for thermal energy storage;
- Develop a cycle of seminars and workshops for internal (INCDMNR level) and external (companies, local authorities and NGOs) training of young researchers and industrial specialists in the new encapsulation methods and their performances;
- To disseminate the project results to relevant stakeholders, in order to uptake these results after the project duration.
- To develop an economic and easy scalable encapsulation technology using cost effective materials and processes. The innovative materials will be tested and monitored from the chemical, mechanical and physical point of view at laboratory scale and a pilot scale process will be proposed;
- Increasing storage capacity with > 10% for a lifetime of 15-20 years due to encapsulation protection, due to enhanced microparticles stability and increased thermal cycles stability;
- Operation temperature range for thermal energy storage: 300-500°C;
- Reduction of the storage tank material degradation due to corrosion with 20% due to controlling interface processes by encapsulation;
- To demonstrate the encapsulated PCM properties and propose measures for the implementation in the market of microencapsulated thermal energy storage materials, as a key element for optimum effectiveness in the CSP and co-generation equipment;
- 1 European Patent, minimum 3 ISI papers, participation to 2 International Conferences and 1 National Conference in the proposal field.
The project website is here
Passionate about research? We're hiring.
We're looking for Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Technology, Material Science and Engineering, Physics, Mechanics and Mechatronics graduates.