ANTIBACTERIAL AND ENHANCED SELF-CLEANING PROPERTIES OF NEW
MORTARS ADDITIVATED WITH NANOPARTICLES – Acronym MORCLEAN
Programme 2 of PN III: Increasing the competitiveness of the Romanian economy through research, development and innovation
Subprogramme 2.1: Competitiveness through research, development and innovation
Project type: Experimental – demonstration project
Contract 504PED / 2020
Funding Agency: UEFISCDI ROMANIA
- NATIONAL R&D INSTITUTE FOR NON-ERROUS AND RARE METALS – IMNR, Pantelimon – Coordinator
- CEPROCIM S.A., Bucharest – Partner
The Project Objective is to develop innovative materials based on cement mortar and nanostructured powders (such as zinc oxide/silica (ZnO/SiO2), zinc oxide /titanium dioxide (ZnO/TiO2) and/or zinc oxide/hydroxyapatite (ZnO/HAp)), with antibacterial and self-cleaning properties, to be used for the long-term maintenance of clean spaces. These materials have the capability of prevention in regard to the apparition of bacteria or fungi or other microorganisms, especially in schools, hospitals and public buildings.
Specific Objectives :
- The development of innovative nanostructured materials within the domain of intelligent specialization;
- Obtaining new cement mortar with photocatalytic and antibacterial properties;
- Demonstrating the model functionality at the laboratory level TRL 3;
- Elaboration of a roadmap for technology transfer.
Passionate about research? We're hiring.
We're looking for Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Technology, Material Science and Engineering, Physics, Mechanics and Mechatronics graduates.