Chemical and Physical Analysis laboratory within INCDMNR-IMNR, is accredited RENAR (LI Nr.1056 / 16.04.2015) for:
- Determination of Cu, Fe, Mg, Mn, Ni, Zn content within aluminum, aluminum alloys and technology solutions, by inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry ICP-OES;
- Determination of Cd, Ca, Pb, Au and Ag content by flame atomic absorption spectroscopy, in ores, concentrates and technological solutions;
- Qualitative phase analysis by X-ray powder diffraction of polycrystalline inorganic materials.
The analysis laboratory provides a wide range of services, such as:
- Analysis regarding the chemical composition and the structure of materials and products resulted from metallurgy, inorganic chemistry, technology of ceramic materials and composites;
- Determination of major elements and impurities in metals, alloys, metallic powders, inorganic chemicals, minerals, ores, ceramics, refractories, composites, slags, minerals;
- Determination of rare earth content in various matrices; în diferite matrici;
- Evaluation of environmental pollution: water, soil;: apa, aer, sol;
- Powders analysis by X-ray diffraction: identification and quantification of crystalline phases, determination of crystallinity, crystallite size determination and microdeformations, as well as the characterization of crystalline structure: indexing, crystallization system, lattice parameters.
- Quantitative and semi-quantitative determinations using the following methods: volumetry by neutralization reactions - acidimetry, alkalimetry; volumetry by redox reactions - permanganometry, iodometry, bicromatometry, bromatometry; gravimetry - gravimetric dosing of Sn, Si, Ba, SO42-, CO2, moisture content, calcination loss, carbon content, volatile substances, ashes.