ELECTRON BEAM INSTALLATION
- manufacturing high temperature ceramic functionally graded materials;
- manufacturing high entropy alloys and composite materials (including thin films depositions for the AlFeNiMnCrMe1Me2 B,C system, with high mechanical properties at elevated temperatures);
- manufacturing biocompatible coatings based on HAP, beta-TCP;
- manufacturing inter-metallic compounds based layers;
- studies regarding the structure-properties correlation in micro and nanostructured materials based on non-ferrous metals, inter-metallic compounds and composites.
THERMAL EVAPORATION DEPOSITION INSTALLATION
- deposition of thin films for solar cells of CIS (CuInSe, CuInSeTe, CuInGaSe) and CZTS (CuZnSnS, CuZnSnSSe) systems, including on flexible substrates;
- deposition of thin films of high entropy alloys (HEA) from the CuFeNiAlCrTi system with anti-corrosion and wear-resistant properties for high temperature applications;
- deposition of metallic conductive layers for sensors;
- deposition of organic and hybrid structures on metallic, textile and paper substrates.
CONTINUOUS AND DISCONTINUOUS FLOW AUTOCLAVE
- oxidation-reduction processes (oxidation of the non-ferrous metal sulphides from sulphide concentrates in aqueous medium, acidic or basic, at high temperatures and pressures in oxidative atmosphere);
- reducing the concentration of Fe in Cu and Zn solutions by precipitation;
- non-ferrous metals solubilisation from sub-products (fly dust, slags, red mud) which result in non-ferrous metals primary and secondary extractive metallurgy, and from electronic and electric scraps;
- obtaining carbon from vegetal bio-mass.
HYDROTHERMAL SYNTHESIS AUTOCLAVE
- synthesis of nanocrystalline powders: YTZP, YSZ, doped ZrO2 for high T coatings; doped TiO2 for photocatalytic films; Ag-ZnO antiseptic/antifungal; doped ZnO/TiO2 for superhydrophobic coatings; transition metal doped ZnO/TiO2 for magnetic films; doped-BST for gas sensors; doped PZT for piezoelectric materials; core-shell composite powders; other nanopowders on demand.
HIGH PRESSURE AUTOCLAVE
- synthesis of nanocrystalline hybrid organic-inorganic powders for biosensors or contrast agents;
- synthesis of nanocrystalline powders at high pressures and temperatures up to 180°C for other applications (on demand);
- studies regarding the mechanism and kinetics of the reaction between inorganic and organic components in solution at high pressures and low temperatures;
- isostatic press for nanopowders consolidation.
- drying of hybrid organic-inorganic nanocomposites;
- rapid drying and control of flow-ability of nanocrystalline powders obtained by wet chemical procedures.
ICP-OES SYSTEM WITH LASER ABLATION FOR SOLIDS ANALYSIS
- analysis of minor or toxic elements in nanobiomaterials, foods, pharmaceuticals, sediments;
- analysis of heavy metals in soils, waters or wastes
- analysis of major elements and impurities in polymers, oxides, salts;
- analysis of major, minor and trace elements in metals, alloys, geological samples, ores;
- surface analysis with laser ablation.